General Body Meeting Minutes 10/19/03
- No comments or updates were received from members for the text of the New Constitution as approved by the General Body during the General Body Meetings of 11/16/2002 and 04/19/2003 and disseminated to the membership for comments with JAIN TIMES dated 06/05/03. The New Constitution became effective 6/30/03.
- JSGC had successfully organized a Jain and Hindu bhajans program by Shri Ravindra Jain and his group on June 20th 2003.
- JSGC had a strong presence at the JAINA Convention 2003 held at Cincinnati. The Shatrunjay (Palitana) Temple Rachna and the Samavsaran replica prepared by JSGC members were very well received by the Convention attendees. Special thanks were given to Ramesh and Jaya Shah, Atul Shah, Pravin Mehta, Ajit and Darshana Shah, Girish and Kokila Parikh and Hansa Sutaria and the Mahila Mandal for their efforts in creating the Shatrunjay Temple Rachna. Hasmukh and Nalini Shah were thanked for preparing the Samavsaran replica. Ramesh and Jaya Shah were further recognized for receiving the 2003 JAINA Presidential Award at the JAINA Convention.
- Three scholars, Sri Sunandaben Vora, Shri Dhirajbhai Pandit and Shri Nautambhai Vakil visited the Cleveland Sangh during 2003. All the lectures were well attended and appreciated.
- Paryushan Parva was celebrated with enthusiasm and success. Attendance was excellent at all events. 42 individual families participated for Swapna Darshan for the first time. Eleven Tapasvis were honored at the Samuhic Parna function following Samvatsari. The Parna event was attended by 100+ members.
- JSGC Picnic organized this year was a big success with 100+ participants.
- The Mahavir Nirwan (Diwali) function also had excellent attendance.
- Photographs from several of the above events were on display during the Diwali function